CEV Eurovolley 2021
Ticketing Terms and Conditions
I. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
II. CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT, CANCELLATION
- 1. The offer of the conclusion of a contract is effected by the Customer, as soon as he/she completes the order transaction in relation to the chosen online tickets. The contract will be concluded between the CEV and the Customer by the online confirmation.
- 2. No guarantee is given for the correctness of the data contained in the online system.
- 3. The CEV is entitled to cancel a Customer’s order for a transaction which has already been confirmed in accordance with section II. point 1 above (unilateral right of cancellation) if the Customer violates specific conditions set by the CEV to which reference was made prior to the sale. The same holds true for attempts to circumvent such conditions (e.g. violation of the limited number of tickets per Customer, violation of documentary conditions, particularly against a ban on reselling, attempts to circumvent this by registering and using several user profiles, etc.). Cancellation/withdrawal can also be tacitly declared through the crediting of the already paid purchase prices.
- 4. Every Customer shall follow all measures of the authorities of the LOCs in relation to the prevention of the COVID-19 pandemic with regard to the attendance at the Event. The same holds true to safety and hygiene concepts, including but not limited to those which are issued by the CEV, the LOCs and/ or third parties. In the event of non-compliance, the CEV reserves the right to exclude the Customer concerned from (further) attending the Event.
III. PRICE COMPONENTS AND METHODS OF PAYMENT
- 1. The price for tickets purchased in the CEV Ticket Shop consists of the base ticket price as well as the booking and system fees. The statutory rate of the value-added tax is included in the price.
- 2. Payment is possible by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express) or by using PayPal. The payments regarding VISA and MasterCard are handled via CTS EVENTIM Nederland B.V., Postbus 3096, 2130 KB Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
IV. DELIVERY OF THE PURCHASED TICKETS
- 1. The tickets, purchased via the CEV Ticket Shop, are delivered by sending a print@home or mobile ticket to an e-mail address specified by the Customer during the purchase process.
- 2. The type of the ticket and delivery could be changed and ordered as an additional service in accordance with section V below.
V. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
VI. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSION OF WITHDRAWAL IN THE CASE OF PARTICULAR BREACHES OF DUTY
- 1. In the case of a breach of significant contractual obligations (so-called cardinal obligations) that are only based on simple negligence, the CEV shall be liable limited to compensation for foreseeable losses typical for this type of contract. The CEV and the LOC’s shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable or contemplated at the time the Customer entered into a contract pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- 2. Apart from the cases stated in paragraph 1, the CEV shall not be liable for losses caused by simple negligence.
- 3. The CEVand the LOC’s is not liable for any business losses and the CEV, the LOC ‘s will have no liability to any Ticket Holder for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 4. In any event, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the CEV, the LOC’s hereby exclude any liability for loss, damage or injury to a Ticket Holder and/or their property, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, including (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel or accommodation costs, regardless of whether the loss or damage: (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events; (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or (c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- 5. The CEV and the LOC’s shall not be responsible for any interruptions and/or restrictions to the view of the Match caused by virtue of (i) the position of the seat and/or (ii) the actions of other spectators.
- 6. The Customer's right to free him/herself from the contract due to a breach of obligation for which the promoter or the CEV is not responsible and in which the goods are not at fault is ruled out.
- 7. If the liability of the CEV is ruled out or limited under the paragraphs above, this also applies to the liability of their agents and assistants.
- 8. Nothing stated or implied in these Terms and Conditions will affect the Ticket Holder’s statutory rights or any rights that can’t be excluded under the laws of the relevant Host Territory.
VII. WITHDRAWAL/REFUND OF THE TICKETS
VIII. TRANSFER OF TICKETS
IX. IMAGE RIGHTS
- 1. The CEV collects and processes the Customer‘s following personal data for the purpose of processing the purchase for Tickets and carrying out any access check procedure or other necessary screening: identification data such as title, surname/first name(s), date of birth, place of birth, country of residence and nationality, mobile telephone number, email address, contact details such as complete postal address. Personal data is required and is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into between the CEV and the Customer, as well as for the legitimate interest of determining eligibility of persons interested in purchasing Ticket(s) and ensuring Tickets are delivered to the right individual as well as of guaranteeing an effective security system and a safe environment inside and around the Venue, as well as to combat the unlawful sale of Tickets.
- 2. The CEV collects and processes the Customer’s personal data for the purpose of selling and issuing the Tickets: identification data such as first name(s), surname, contact details such as postal address, email address and payment details such as credit card details (if applicable) which will be only used for the purchase of Ticket(s), in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, for the purpose of invoicing and delivery of the Tickets. Personal data is required and is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into between the CEV and the Customer and any subsequent steps following a successful Ticket allocation.
- 3. Provided that consent has been given by the Applicant in the Application Form, personal data regarding surname, first name(s) and email address will be collected and processed by the CEV to provide the Customer by electronic means with information and publicity on CEV’s products, services, commercial activities and events. If the Customer does not wish to receive, or no longer wishes to receive any offers and information from CEV, he/she can opt-out directly in his/her account.
5. The CEV uses the following categories of third party and may transfer personal data to
these recipients for the sole purpose of the performance of their activities:
a) technical service providers which help to maintain the security and performance of the Ticket Portal;
b) service providers which help to issue and deliver the Tickets;
c) the LOCs within whose jurisdiction the relevant Match occurs, the relevant Venue Owner, Venue security and access service providers and any such other providers which help to organise the Match and maintain safety and security (including in relation to sanitary measures); and
d) the relevant authorities to the extent necessary to maintain safety and security in connection with the Match (including in relation to sanitary measures).
- 6. The personnal data of Customers pursuant to these Terms and Conditions is only collected and processed by CEV for no longer than is necessary for the purposes described in Articles X.1, X.2. and X.3, unless the use of such personal data is further required for ongoing administrative or judicial proceedings relating to the Match or, where necessary, for preventing or detecting unlawful actions.
- 7. Customers have the right to request access to or information about the personal data related to them which are processed by the CEV. They can access, update and/or request the deletion, restriction, rectification and/or receipt of their personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation of the relevant LOCs/Host Territory. Any requests relating thereto shall be sent via email@example.com. To do so, CEV may require any Ticket Holder to provide verification of their identity (e.g. copy of official Identification Document with a photo mentioning their date & place of birth). CEV may refuse, restrict or defer a request where a formal enactment so provides, where this is required to protect the overriding interests of third parties and/or where its own overriding interests so require or where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive and where CEV has the right to do so under the applicable data protection laws (for example, where another legal justification for processing applies). Ticket Holders, have the right to file a privacy complaint with their local supervisory authority. Where a Ticket Holder legitimately withdraws or restricts its consent, or otherwise objects to how CEV process their personal data, CEV may be unable to allow such individual to purchase a Ticket and/or attend relevant Match.
- 8. Each Customer accepts and acknowledges that he/she has understood how CEV will process their personal data under this Article X and, where consent is required under applicable data protection laws, consents to the processing of their personal data as detailed herein.
XI. COURT RULES
XII. UNAUTHORISED SPECTATORS
1. Ticket Holders are permitted to attend to the relevant Match provided that :
a. The Ticket has been obtained in accordance with these T&Cs;
b. they comply with any and all entry requirements and/or acknowledgements (including any epidemiological acknowledgements, if required) in the context of COVID-19;
c. where required, they have obtained a valid VISA from the relevant Host Territory;
d. where the Ticket Holder travels to the Host Territory, they have complied with any requirements which are in place regarding entry into the Host Territory (including but not limited to any travel and entry requirements imposed under applicable laws and/or otherwise in the context of COVID-19)
- 2. For the avoidance of doubt, CEV shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a Ticket Holder should they fail to comply with the provisions of this Article XII.1 and/or, where required, fail to obtain the necessary documents.
XIII. AUTHENTIC TEXT
XIV. UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
- 1. The CEV and the LOCs reserve the right to make alterations to the time, date and location of the Event and/or the match(es) due to unforeseen extraordinary circumstances: force majeure like the COVID19 pandemic, safety and/or security reasons or other decisions made by any competent authority which have a major impact on the match being played at the venue of the Event.
2. In the event of cancellation, abandonment, postponement or replaying of the Match, or in the
event of a change of venue, reduction of Stadium capacity or the playing of the relevant Match
behind closed doors, the Customer will be bound by the Refund Policy in respect of any refunds
of the Tickets purchased by the Customer provided however that :
a. Any refund to the Customer pursuant to the CEV Refund Policy shall not entitle the latter to a refund of any costs and expenses incurred by the Customer in relation to travel and accommodation.
b. subject to the foregoing and Article VI, the CEV, the LOCs will not have any liability to the Ticket Holder on account of any such cancellation, abandonment, postponement, replay reduction of venue capacity, change of venue or playing of the relevant Match behind closed doors or other failure or deficiency in the conduct of the Match.
XV. SEVERABILITY AND AMENDMENT
XVI. FINAL PROVISIONS
- 1. These T&Cs shall be exclusively governed by laws of Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- 2. In the event that the purchaser is a registered merchant or a public law entity, the competent Court in Luxembourg shall have exclusive jurisdiction on any disputes arising from these T&Cs. This provision shall also be valid to cross-border contracts, concluded with non-merchants. The CEV also reserves the right to take legal action in any other, internationally competent court.
- 3. As from 15 February 2016 the European Commission provides here an European Online Dispute Resolution platform.
- 4. The CEV does neither commit itself nor is obliged to use alternative dispute resolution entities to resolve disputes with consumers.
Contractual relationships result from the purchase of the tickets between the ticket holder (the Customer or Ticket Holder) and the CEV - Confédération Européenne de Volleyball a.s.b.l, a nonprofit organisation registered under the laws of Luxembourg (register number at the Company register of Luxembourg: F1135) having its registered address at 88, route de Longwy, L-1940 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (the CEV).
The terms and conditions of the CEV (the T&Cs) shall govern the contractual relationship between the Customer and CEV in relation to the CEV EuroVolley Men/Women 2023, which takes place in Bulgaria, Italy, Israel and North Macedonia during the period from 28 August 2023 to 16 September 2023 for the Men's Edition and in Belgium, Estonia, Germany and Italy during the period from August 15, 2023 to September 3, 2023 for the Women's Edition (the Event). The Customer agrees to these T&Cs.
The following national volleyballs federations (the LOCs/Host Association ) are responsible for the
organisation and staging of the Event matches occurring in their host territory:
g) North Macedonia
Notwithstanding to Section IV. point 1, if the Customer requests a different type of production,
packaging and delivery of a souvenir ticket instead of an online ticket, additional shipping fees will
The amount of these fees depends on the type of the shipping method. The fee is displayed in the shopping cart when ordering these additional services. Beyond this, there are no additional costs.
If the booking is made a few days before the Event, the tickets will no longer be shipped. If the CEV makes it possible, the tickets could be picked up personally at the venue of the Event. More information about the location, the date and the costs can be found on the CEV Ticket Shop.
The tickets cannot be exchanged. Tickets lost or destroyed by the Customer will not be replaced
or refunded. Reimbursing the purchase price of the ticket as a gesture of goodwill is subject to the
CEV’s to decision, which will be done on a case-by-case basis.
The reimbursement of the entry price shall not be claimed if the Event has not yet been finally scheduled at the time when the ticket was ordered. The same applies if a match of the Event will be abandoned. The tickets remain valid in any case.
If the Event is cancelled, the Ticket Holder may reverse the transaction upon returning the original ticket to ticket agency where he/she purchased the ticket. No processing, system or shipping fees will be reimbursed in relation to this.
In order to avoid violence and criminal offenses in connection with entering the arena, to enforce
arena prohibitions, to prevent the resale of tickets at excessive prices and to separate the fans
belonging to different teams from each other as well as to maintain the security of the spectators,
it is in the interest of the CEV to limit the transfer of the tickets. Tickets may therefore only be sold
for private reasons and not commercially. The Ticket Holder is in particular prohibited from:
- offering tickets to auction portals for sale;
- selling tickets for commercial purposes without the express prior written consent of the CEV;
- selling the tickets in the context of a private transfer at a higher price than as it is stated on the tickets;
- transferring tickets to people who have been excluded from attending volleyball games for security reasons; and
- transfer or use of tickets without the express prior written consent of the CEV for purposes of advertising, marketing, as a bonus, giveaway, prize or as part of an unauthorized hospitality or travel package.
At the request of the CEV, if the ticket is transferred, the Customer shall provide the CEV with the name, address and date of birth of the new ticket owner.
If a ticket is used for the aforementioned inadmissible purposes or if the Ticket Holder violates these T&Cs in any other way, the ticket shall become invalid. In this case, the CEV is entitled to block the ticket - also electronically - and to deny the Ticket Holder to access the arena without compensation or to expel him/her from the arena.
Each Ticket Holder irrevocably consents to give the right to the CEV of the free usage of his/her picture and voice for photographs, live broadcasts, broadcasts and / or recordings of picture and / or sound made by the CEV or its partners in connection with all media and distribution channels of the Event.
The CEV acting as data controller, collects and processes personal data for the following three purposes: for organisational and security purposes related to the Match and safety or sanitary measures in the context of COVID-19 (X.1), for the purposes of the Ticket sales (X.2), and/or for commercial purposes (X.3).
The entrance to the Arena is only possible with a valid ticket. The entrance to the arena is subject to the compliance of the court rules. Holders of discounted tickets are obliged to show an ID or other proof that entitles them to claim the discount. The CEV is free to exercise house rules at any time. When leaving the event, the ticket loses its validity.
When attending the matches of the Event, the Customer shall comply with the respective court rules of the hosting arena. In the interest of security and the orderly and smooth course of the Event, the Ticket Holder shall follow the instructions of the police, the CEV, the LOCs and the security staff as well as the venue management of the arena. Every Ticket Holder shall cooperate with the police, event organizers, security staff and the venue management in order to verify his/her identity and to tolerate the confiscation of prohibited items in their possession, if necessary.
Pyrotechnic objects, in particular fireworks or smoke candles, weapons of all kinds and similarly dangerous objects, glass containers, cans, spirits and alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or other objects that are adverse to the enjoyment of the matches of the Event or the comfort or safety for other visitors, players or officials, are forbidden. The same applies to advertising, commercial, political or religious items of all kinds, including banners, signs, symbols or flyers. The aforementioned items may not be brought into the arena, the CEV is entitled to temporarily store them. It is prohibited to chant or spread racist, xenophobic or right-wing extremist slogans. It is forbidden for the Ticket Holders to enter the playing court and other areas that are closed. People who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, who are violent or whose behaviour is contrary to public order, or who arouse concern due to such behaviour, can be expelled from the arena.
Without the prior consent of the CEV, Ticket Holders are not permitted to record sound, images, descriptions or results of the Event (except for private purposes) or to transmit or distribute them in whole or in part via the Internet or other media channels (including mobile communications) or to other persons to support such activities. Devices or systems that can be used for such activities may not be brought into the arena without the prior consent of the CEV. Pictures taken by the Ticket Holders during a match of the Event may only be used for private purposes. Any commercial use, regardless of the way of disclosure, requires the prior written consent of the CEV.
The Customer shall not collect, archive or distribute match data of the Event for any commercial purpose.
The unauthorized sale of beverages, food, souvenirs, clothes, promotional items, fan articles and / or other commercial items is prohibited.
Any other claims for damages hereby remain unaffected. In addition, the CEV reserves the right to exclude people who violate these prohibitions from purchasing tickets in the future, to expel them from the arena and / or to initiate further legal actions against them.
These T&Cs have been drafted in the English language and translated into the languages of each of the LOCs and are available on the CEV Ticket Shop. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and the translated versions, the English version shall prevail.
The CEV reserves the right to change these T&Cs if necessary to ensure proper and safe staging of the Event and/or the relevant Match(s). The CEV will notify each Ticket Holder of such changes via an email sent to the address indicated by the Ticket Holder.
Should any provisions of these T&Cs be declared void, ineffective, illegal or unenforceable by any
competent court, regulator or authority;
a. the remainder of these T&Cs shall remain in effect as if such void, ineffective, illegal or unenforceable provision(s) had not been included; and
b. where required the invalid provision shall be replaced with a provision, which closely approximates the economic purpose of such invalid provision.
Status: January 2023